The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the machine shop with machining operations with the main focus being on vertical and horizontal saw operations. The individual will assist senior machinists with general clean up, maintenance, and production duties. Through our paid training program, this position will allow an individual to grow into a machining atmosphere and learn to set-up and operate manual and CNC machine centers.
- Set-up and operate vertical and horizontal saws
- Assist with maintenance on machines within the Machine Shop.
- Ensure the smooth transition and transport of parts from the machine shop to inspection.
- Ensure chip bins are cleared as needed.
- Ensure machine shop is clean and organized in appearance including removing trash and sweeping as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school graduate/G.E.D. or equivalent required.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to use a tape measure, calipers, micrometers and basic hand tools required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and within a team environment, proactively contributing ideas to improve operations required.
- Ability to operate a forklift (training will be provided).
- Demonstrate ability to be adaptable, tactful, and self-directed when faced with tight deadlines and fluid environments required.
- Basic oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate in English required.
- Must possess a proven history of being reliable with excellent attendance.
- Conduct oneself with the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards.
- Minimum of two (2) years of general assistant experience in a machinery/equipment-manufacturing environment strongly desired.
What makes working at BPI Medical great?
- BPI is growing to a $50M company
- BPI has invested $2M on new manufacturing machines in an air-conditioned facility
- Our industry is stable and not affected by downturns in the economy
- We are one of the few truly “open book” companies. All employees are taught the economics of the business. Employees know how their performance relates to the success of the company and they share in the rewards of better performance.
Our company values are:
- On-time Delivery
- Growth Mindset
If you are interested in a company that reflects our values in all that we do, BPI is the place for you! Check us out at https://www.bpimedical.com/.
Pay rate is $20.00/hr +, DOE. In addition, we offer an extremely competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance (with employer contribution to monthly premium), life insurance, 401(k), bonus program, paid time off and holidays.
BPI Medical is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. BPI Medical makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
As a federal contractor, BPI Medical is required to participate in the federal government's E-Verify program. With E-Verify we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all newly hired employees and most existing employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. With respect to new hires, the E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with a new hire's completion of the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification upon commencement of employment. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, go to https://www.uscis.gov/ and click on the 'E-Verify' logo.