BPI Medical is a rewarding career path for anyone interested in making a difference every day. We believe in service above self and contribution to others, and quality is our primary service. We have a relaxed work atmosphere with an exceptional staff. We understand that continuous improvement is more than a business philosophy. It’s a personal contribution to making our customers, our business, and our team members better every day. Relocation considered for experienced Techs.
Position Description - Summary:
The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide high quality, cost-effective repairs on rigid endoscope equipment for hospitals, medical clinics, and surgery centers.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Effectively use repair-related hand tools; such as dremels, hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, punches, drills, dies, taps, belt sanders, grinding wheels, bead blasters, burnishers, polishers, soldering equipment, laser welders, and acetylene torches.
• Effectively use measuring tools; such as digital calipers.
• Perform all form, fit, functional, and performance tests on all repairs.
• Execute heat adjustments, simple silver & tin soldering, laser welding, and other repair-related metal fabrication.
• Inspect, evaluate, troubleshoot, and document scope performance issues.
• Evaluate lenses for usability.
• Understand and follow applicable work instructions, repair processes, and quality processes. Document inspections and repairs utilizing and maintaining repair folders.
• Create scope lens system drawings.
• Demonstrate Tubing and Refiber skills: Measure, cut, and fit tubing and fiber assemblies, accurately cut scope tubes, precisely grind tube angles (Buehler), disassemble and reassemble scopes, refurbish scope parts, brush and pull fiber optics, precisely apply glues, understand and properly use fixturing, precisely grind and polish fiber cones, completely seal the back of scopes, accurately solder outer scope tubes, execute precision laser welding of the outer scope tubes, precisely align inside tube, precisely grind and polish scope tips, properly recover and save the inside tubes without damage, complete 10mm refiber operations to standard, complete 70° refiber operations to standard.
• Demonstrate high-level Optic Repair skills: disassemble and clean scope systems, reassemble and seal joints, precisely focus scope images, refurbish/straighten outer scope tubes, execute precision laser welding, create accurate lens system drawings, cut spacers to the proper length, apply UV bond to lenses and prisms, align prisms and negative lenses, accurately solder negative lenses and windows, execute advanced UV bonding techniques to objective lens systems, create new lens systems, rethread screw holes and machine screws, machine new replacement parts, test for leaks, and perform final quality control inspections.
• Actively research for new information.
• Understand the instruments’ usage and wear patterns.
• Perform other repair and maintenance duties as deemed necessary by the department lead or company director.
• Understand and follow the applicable quality system process and work instructions.
• Perform preventative maintenance tasks in support of department operations.
• Read, understand, and enter the correct data into production-related software, such as Made 2 Manage is critical.
Required Education or Certifications:
Vision correctable to 20/20 with full-color spectrum recognition is required to discern small variances in measurement, material, and quality. This position must be able to visually and physically determine variations within tolerances equal to scalpel sharpness. Predominantly required to sit, stand, and walk as part of the daily routine. Based upon the relationship to manufacturing and production, the ability to move or transport goods and materials, up to 40 pounds unaided is important but not required.
We are offering a $750.00 signing bonus and another $750.00 bonus after completion of 6 months of continuous employment.