Looking for a job with a great company, good benefits, stable work environment? You are in luck because BPI Medical is the place for you! We provide more than a job, we can help you learn new skills to take your career to the next level.
We have an immediate need for an Experienced Mobile Instrument Repair Technician in the Pacific Northwest region. Must reside in Oregon or Washington. We will pay for relocation for the right fit! The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide high quality cost effective surgical instrument repairs for hospitals, medical clinics, and surgery centers. This position is based in a mobile van-based workshop and performs work at varying facilities with varying and asymmetrical schedules.
Required Education or Certifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two 3-5 years of precision metalwork, shaping and sharpening experience.
- It is an essential requirement that the Mobile Technician maintain all vendor-required credentialing. These requirements, defined by our customers, can be related to HIPAA, medical vaccinations / certifications / and attestations, and the constant ability to pass a criminal background check.
- As this position requires daily automobile travel, the team member must maintain all state-required credentials related to driving a vehicle, such as a valid driver’s license (non-CDL), valid and adequate insurance. It may also include overnight stays.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of soldering applications, metallurgy, and measurement tools is preferred.
- Ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of products is also preferred.
Vision correctable to 20/20 with full-color spectrum recognition is required to discern small variances in measurement, material, and quality. This position must be able to visually and physically determine variations within tolerances equal to scalpel sharpness. Predominantly required to sit, stand, walk, and drive a van as part of the daily routine. Routinely uses hands/arms to reach and manipulate tools. Based upon the relationship to manufacturing and production, the ability to move or transport goods and materials, up to 40 pounds is required.
BPI Medical is a family owned and run company that started in 1976. As we continue to grow into a worldwide medical organization, this is a great opportunity to join our team and grow with us!
Along with a competitive wage, we offer great benefits including employer subsidized medical, dental and vision plans, paid time off and a 401(k) plan.
At BPI we value:
- On-time Delivery
- Growth Mindset
If you are interested in a company that reflects our values in all that we do, BPI is the place for you! Check us out at https://www.bpimedical.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. BPI Medical, also known as Ben’s Precision Instruments, was founded by a machinist-craftsman from Holland. Ben Overmars Sr. is both an immigrant and a worker performing fully with a disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
As a federal contractor, BPI Medical is required to participate in the federal government's E-Verify program. With E-Verify we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all newly hired employees and most existing employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. With respect to new hires, the E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with a new hire's completion of the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification upon commencement of employment. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, go to www.uscis.gov and click on the 'E-Verify' logo.