BPI Medical is growing at a remarkable rate and is executing a $2.3M buildout in our existing medical repair and manufacturing facility in Fife.
We embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to meet our customer's needs.
Our motto is "Its gotta be right. its gotta be fast. no exceptions." We live by our values of Integrity, Quality, On-time Delivery, Collaboration, Growth Mindset and Compassion. We have a relaxed work atmosphere with an exceptional staff. We understand that continuous improvement is more than a business philosophy. It’s a personal contribution to making our customers, our business, and our team members better every day.
Through our paid training program, the Laparoscopic (Lap) Repair Technician will evaluate, repair, and reinsulate a wide variety of laparoscopic and bipolar surgical instruments to a high degree of quality and efficiency. Secondary responsibilities may include performing work in other departments or doing preventative maintenance work.
- Evaluate condition, functionality, and cosmetic appearance of incoming instruments.
- Perform necessary repairs and maintenance such as parts replacement, silver soldering, and powder coating for electrical insulation.
- Proactively perform maintenance and cleaning of equipment while continuously maintaining a neat and well-organized work area.
- Abide all safety rules and work safely.
- Maintain a good attendance record and work the hours needed to accomplish company goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Every position at BPI Medical is expected to actively participate in continuous improvement programs.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must be mechanically inclined, highly detail oriented, and enjoy a fast pace of work.
- Able to work to a high degree of precision, including under magnification.
- Exhibit a strong creative problem-solving ability.
- Able to use all basic hand tools as well as grinders, drill press, torches, etc.
- Be willing to take on additional responsibility as needed.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral with other team members, supervisors, and managers.
- Required to sit, stand, and walk as part of the daily routine.
- Vision correctable to 20/20 with full color spectrum recognition is required to discern small variances in measurement, material, and quality.
- Based upon the relationship to manufacturing and production, the ability to move or transport goods and materials, up to 40 pounds unaided, is important but not required.
What makes working at BPI Medical great?
- BPI is growing to a $50M company
- BPI has invested $2M on new manufacturing machines in an air-conditioned facility
- Our industry is stable and not affected by downturns in the economy
- We are one of the few truly “open book” companies. All employees are taught the economics of the business. Employees know how their performance relates to the success of the company and they share in the rewards of better performance.
Along with a competitive wage starting at $20/hr, we offer great benefits including employer subsidized medical, dental and vision plans, Life Insurance, paid vacation/sick leave, 401(k) plan, and a bonus program.
If you are interested in a company that reflects our values in all that we do, BPI Medical is the place for you! Check us out at https://www.bpimedical.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. BPI Medical, also known as Ben’s Precision Instruments, was founded by a machinist-craftsman from Holland. Ben Overmars Sr. is both an immigrant and a worker performing fully with a disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
As a federal contractor, BPI Medical is required to participate in the federal government's E-Verify program. With E-Verify we are able to confirm the employment authorization of all newly hired employees and most existing employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. With respect to new hires, the E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with a new hire's completion of the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification upon commencement of employment. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, go to www.uscis.gov
and click on the 'E-Verify' logo.